Friday 22 August 2014

Ondo police arrest notorious robbery suspect


The Ondo State Police Command has arrested a suspected armed robber said to have been on the police wanted list for a long time.
The suspect, Stephen Thomas, 25, was described by the police as an unrepentant armed robber.
According to the police, the suspect has earlier spent five years behind bars for robbery and on his release, returned to his nefarious acts, raiding and robbing innocent citizens at odd hours.
The indigene of Benue State popularly called “Black” told our correspondent during interrogation that he knew he had been on the police wanted list.
He said his gang attacked one Tanimonwo Mary, a bar owner at Igoba Junction, Akure in April this year, triggering police trail on him.
The suspect, however, blamed his criminal activities on his father’s inability to send him to school.
He said, “I have not killed anybody since I started armed robbery though I have robbed a lot of people, I have not shed blood.
“The condition around me led me into robbery. When I was in primary school, my father could not provide money for my fees and other school materials, so I dropped out.
“After a while, I followed a friend to start another school, but my father said since he did not put me in any school, I should fend for myself. I left school and started out with bad friends, and that was how I went into armed robbery.”
The state Commissioner of Police, Mr. Isaac Eke, said the suspect would be arraigned in court after investigation

No comments:

Post a Comment