Sunday 15 June 2014

NOLLYWOOD, GO BACK TO CLASSROOM--BUMES MAKEOVERS...make up my passion




While agreeing with her industry colleague Princess Chineke  on the need for Nollywood practitioners to go to school to do better, Osun State born Banking and Finance graduate of the Lagos State University and CEO of Bumes Makeovers,  Olusanmi Oluwabunmi claims her journey to study makeup and Beauty Therapy in a London institution was to fulfill her passion. She said, “I do make ups for weddings, music shows and all other sundry events that require make up. Make up is my passion. I like to see people look good. I worked in the banking industry but I just had to follow my passion, leaving the bank for beauty where my passion is.  This was because I need to work with my passion.”

But on her reason of making that long trip to the Queen`s land, soft spoken Bunmi disclosed.”I really wanted to know more about the beauty industry. I found out that the best place to go for it is England where I would be taught all I need to know.”
Of her challenges the soft spoken lady explained, “It has being challenging but all the same it has been fun, having people look well. That is what I want to do so I am really enjoying it. I am getting on well with it.
We are getting advance everyday. If it is something you do you must try to improve on yourself. This means you need to get more education, more knowledge and get more exposed. Getting out of the country is just like an exposure to know more about the beauty world. It was a one month course. That has given me a broader knowledge on how to apply or work more on different things of make up. I have been in the industry before so I know what it takes. It`s like an additional knowledge to it. I want to work harder to be on my game a far as the industry is concern. This is to get the best result.”

No comments:

Post a Comment