Saturday 7 June 2014

GO BACK TO SCHOOL- PRINCESS CHINEKE TELLS NOLLYWOOD CELEBRITIES




With an almost lackluster movie industry where second hand acting skill is fast becoming the order of the day, graduate of New York Film Academy and Nollywood actress, Princess Chineke has advocated movie actors in Nigeria return to the classroom to study the details of film acting. The one time Miss Uniben beauty queen and graduate of Computer Science, of the University of Benin and member of the Broadcasting Society of America, said, “One thing about me is that I keep thinking about the whites. No matter how talented they feel they are they still try to study even if it is a passion. So why won`t Nollywood actors take out time to study the art of acting?”

She added, “People like Kunle Afolayan went to the academy and that makes them stand out. This I see as a concern. I took the business of film making from him. The cinema thing, you know. And he obviously was able to stand out because of the school he went to. If I want to do anything like going into hair dressing I would take up time to study it. I found out in the US that people who take out time to study what they do turned out to be the best in their field. I came from a science background having read Computer Science in school and I know definitely that I could just jump into the bandwagon but I said to myself I need a full grip of everything the art is all about. Then I knew I had to work on my speech and also on my acting capacity. When I did my research I found out I could do it at the FRCN so I went there.   After then I went to a workshop in Berlin Germany. All the things I did were to have the knowledge of the industry.”
Of her marriage plans in an industry where keeping a matrimony is like part of a Nollywood movie script, Chineke who was an only child for 25 years, decried, “I have a good plan for matrimony. If there is anything I don’t joke with is marriage and that is why I am very careful with whom I settle with. People should be careful because the person you let into your life determine the life you live tomorrow. To me a husband should not just be a husband; it is more of a soul mate, a friend, a brother and a father. There should be that connection and bound. It should be that when you wake up every night it is like you just woke up with a brother by your side. There should also be trust there, for it goes a long way. It is personal if Nollywood people hardly settle down in marriage. I don’t know if I have the permission to say this. But I think most people get married for the wrong reason. May be it is because the guy is very wealthy. I don’t say you should settle with a guy who is not well to do. It is a life thing. If you based marriage on wealth what if something bad happen to that wealth.  Will you still be there for him? So it has to be about the person. Not the look or things around for those things could walk away. So I want a friend. I want somebody who loves me for me.
I don’t think I want to marry somebody from the industry. It is not that you can’t find a good man in the industry. I think it is because I know how tedious the work in the industry is and I want the best for my children. I want a better life for them.”

No comments:

Post a Comment