Tuesday 8 July 2014

I CAN`T ACT NUDE- ANITA OKONKWO




While acting like a solicitor for vice rumoured Nollywood, that the industry is not all about promiscuity, fast upcoming actress, Anita Okonkwo told TNS that she will never, not even for the gold of this world act nude.
The undergraduate of the Onabisi Onabanjo University, Ago Iwoye, Ogun State said, “I see all as acting. I actually can’t go nude on set because I have a dream of becoming an ambassador someday. So I wouldn’t want anything that would deprive me of that opportunity.

You don’t really need to go nude to become a star. Becoming a star depends on what you want. I have such offers before but I turned them down. It is because that is not really what I want. It is not the kind of image I want to create of myself. I just want to be good at what I am doing and play the role I believe are okay, not going nude on set. That I can’t do.”
The 200 level undergraduate of Shipping Management opined, “First and foremost been an actress does not make you a prostitute. It is professional. It is just like been a banker. This is what we do. It is our job. I don’t think it is right for people out there to see the actress as a prostitute. We are there to work and nothing more or less. We are not into prostitution or are promiscuous. I am a very serious minded person. When it comes to work I do it. I put my best to it. It’s wrong for people to see us as prostitutes. The difference between us is our job. Acting is not really who we are. It is script role. This is something imagined by the writer. But when we are off the stage we go back to our normal lives.
Desperation in Nollywood is personal. As an actress you really need to be patient. If you are desperate you will miss it. If you are good at what you doing why should you be desperate? It will take you time and hard work to get there. Desperation is not a good thing as you need to be focus. If you are desperate it would put you into the hands of the wrong people. If you are good you will be confident. If you are confident you will get there someday.”


No comments:

Post a Comment